Monday, January 5, 2009

My internal Geek is showing

I'm at a three day sales meeting with 900 of my closest peers. When I checked in, they gave me the usual ID badge that I have to wear to access the meetings. (blah) Bad thing is they scan you when you enter the meetings, so you know they are taking attendance.

Then they took my picture and gave me a "SPOTME". This is AWESOME! You can text any of the attendees with it, view the agenda, presentations, access maps of the facility with it too.


But two things are extra cool....
1. You can point it at someone else's SpotMe and click - You now have their business card data on your device. Cool, but not inventive.

2. Better yet, it has a "stalking application" that lets you locate people. Very Cool. I select a person's name and have the device vibrate when the person is within close proximity of me. Then, I can follow the map to the person (like a GPS only with pictures) or set it to buzz me later when the person is around again. It's so cool when I want to find a person - like my new boss. But WAAAAY COOL tonight if I want to AVOID someone when I'm at the bar. :)

2 comments:

Mr Blume said...

Holy Crap that is awesome.

Fern608 said...

I just found another awesome feature. You can select "radar" and will show me a list of who is within close proximity, with different list for each 15 feet range. Helps when you see someone and can't remember their name.