Monday, January 19, 2009

Dreaming of Island Living

I watched two epidsodes of House Hunters International. It's a show where people look to buy real estate in a foreign land.

I really yearned (yes, YEARNED) for one of these beach houses. I saw homes in Roatan (island off of Honduras) and Curacao (in Dutch Antilles).

It just confused me motivationally....

Do I run to the gym because I'm motivated to look good in a bikini?
Or do I eat fast food and work 16 hours a day to earn enough money to afford one of these beach homes?

I can't do both. There are only so many hours in a day!

The shows remind me of Toad Hall in Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands, where I was married. Gorgeous ocean views, trade winds, private 6 acre compound with open air living spaces, private swimming pool.

I want to live there.
Always.
Except, I'd miss the kids.... darn it.
http://www.toadhallvg.com/

2 comments:

quartergoddess said...

We'll visit you there. I promise!
You won't be able to get rid of us for months at a time. Go for it! :)

Fern608 said...

Awesome! I'll get right on it!!