Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Do I know how to make a good first impression, or what?

As some of you know, I have a new boss who works in a different state. I used my wonderful SpotMe gizmo to find him and introduce myself.

Found him with the gizmo. (Cool.)
Walked up confidently, extended my hand, and said Hello. (Ok so far...)
Then I proceeded to say Hello to another man standing beside my boss, and introduced myself to him as well. (Thought it was the right thing to do....)
Guy #2 says very warmly, "Why, Fern it's good to see you again!"
When he saw my confused look, he quickly said "It's John."
And then... I did it. I bent forward so I could see his name tag, and said "I'm sorry, I didn't recognize you John."

And just who is John??
My senior vice president! Who I've met several times before. Heck, I even had dinner with him once. And, he just approved buying me a Blackberry Bold for Christmas.

Damn. I'm sooooo smooth and waaaay cool.

No comments: