Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Prep

18 cups of flour makes 128 dinner rolls. I know this because I quadrupled the Betty Crocker recipe today. I've been kneading and rolling and shaping dinner rolls for 8 hours.

Meanwhile, I've made four pies (2 pumpkin, and 2 dutch apple), pistachio fluff, and roasted a 20 pound turkey. I've also minced onions and celery in preparation for tomorrow's big event.

I'm tired of dough. 128 rolls sounds like a lot... but it's really not. 16 people coming for Thanksgiving dinner and another 9 on Friday for "leftovers" will eat a lot of rolls. I hope I have a few leftover for myself on Saturday or Sunday! :)

Tomorrow, I will roast a second 20 pound turkey and make a dinner with all of the fixings. (Dressing, stuffing, veggies, mashed potatoes, gravy, yum!)

Three solid days of cooking is fun, but also exhausting! My fingers and shoulders feel the work of kneading and rolling and kneading and rolling and kneading and rolling.... :)

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

No comments: