Friday, November 14, 2008

Work Sucks

Why do large corporations decide to "downsize", "right size", "reorganize", or honestly "lay off" people right before the holidays? Would it be so hard to do this in September instead of December?? I mean, REALLY?? Would it??

I don't want to tell people that their jobs are gone, especially those with young families. I certainly don't want to tell people to look for other work at a time when our country is facing the worst economic times since the Great Depression.

Don't tell me "this is why you are paid the big bucks". I'm not. Really, I'm NOT. I make less than most of my employees.

And it's hard to be strong and optimistic when my job is also likely on the chopping block.

My main mantras to get me through this stressful time:

  • Work is Work. If it was meant to be fun it wouldn't be spelled W-O-R-K.
  • That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
  • Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you choose to respond.

Just keep repeating these three phrases over and over and over and over and over and over and over again....

Meanwhile, for those that know me... please be patient with me. This is incredibly hard for me.

No comments: