Friday, October 10, 2008

Very scary and sad

My 401K return this year is -36.7%.
I've lost over $22,000 in the last nine days.
I can't even bring myself to write the amount of money I've lost this year.
I may never be able to retire now.
Gone are the dreams of leaving my current job in 10 more years and finding a job I may enjoy.
I just want to cry.... and scream at the incompetent fools in Washington that let this happen.

I'm trying to stay positive and think of this only as a "paper loss"... that I really don't lose the money until I cash it in. But it's very very difficult to do...

1 comment:

quartergoddess said...

I've got you beat at the moment. I'm at -37.5%

Awesome!

Makes you feel like you want to go out and have a beer and forget about it.

But, if the Dow drops any more, we might not be able to afford the beer.