Thursday, October 16, 2008

Debate watchin'

Yup, that's watchin' without the "g". I'm going to drop all of my G's in an attempt to understand McCain and whatever planet he is livin' on.

Do I care about "Joe the Plumber"? (Dig deep, Fern... do you care about this fellow human being in Ohio? Can I bring myself to feel sorry for him?) Nope. No, I don't. If he makes over $250,000 a year, he is certainly able to muddle through these economic times.

Do I care that McCain feels offended by someone's criticism of his campaign? (Note: It wasn't Obama's criticism...) Nope.... no, I don't. Especially when Palin can stand silently by while her supporters yell "Kill Him" when Obama's name is spoken. McCain and Palin are sowing seeds of hatred and fear in an attempt to win this campaign.

McCain looks rigid, angry, and desperate. Obama appears knowledgeable, calm, and collected. I love watchin' McCain's facial expressions while Obama is speakin'. It's almost like you can read his mind "don't get angry... don't get angry... I can't believe I'm here with this young whippersnapper... this should have been a slam dunk. don't get angry. why am I strugglin' against this newbie? don't get angry. Keep my face frozen... don't let my feelings show. what should i say next??"

I feel like I'm eavesdroppin' on a private conversation between Joe the Plumber and the candidates. Will you please stop talkin' directly to Joe and address the rest of us?

2 comments:

quartergoddess said...

Do you think Joe Plumber and Joe Six-Pack are friends?

Fern608 said...

Maybe! And why to the politicians only talk to people named "Joe"? What about Bob, Bill, Nancy and Fred??