Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Shin Splints Suck

Ok, so I'm really trying to revamp my life. I'm on a quest to live a healthier lifestyle. I'm trying valiantly to eat more veggies and fruit, less bad stuff, and more appropriate portion sizes. And, yes, I'm TRYING to exercise regularly. I'm told if you do anything for 28 days, it can become a habit. Well, I've done 6 weeks of exercise, than six months of none, 7 days of exercise, then followed it up by another 7 without, another 2 of exercise, and two off... you get the trend.

My goal is to work out 5 days a week - EVERY week. And I've decided that shin splints SUCK. I don't know why my shins hurt more than any other part of my body, but they do. I've decided to buy a pair of new shoes in hopes that it helps. Why does it take me 20 minutes of exercise to catch my stride? Why do my shins hurt from minute #3??? Shin splints suck!!! I actually had to stop, rub my shins, stretch them out, before I could continue. Man, I hope new shoes help...

No comments: