Monday, April 14, 2008

My first blog attempt

I'm starting this blog on a whim. I've never been good at keeping a diary.... don't know how much I'll actually post because of it. However, I do run into things in my day to day life that puzzle me, make me happy, frustrate me, and make me feel there is a sense of purpose in all that is life. So, I'm joining the blogging revolution!

I'm a little bit afraid to begin blogging. I used to be techno saavy. Believe it or not, I once formed an Internet company and gave large seminars to the general public. My goal was, of course, to sell Internet services. But, sooooo many people didn't know what the Internet was, or why it could be useful, or how to connect, that I found it very rewarding. Something happened over the past ten years. I changed jobs, got remarried, and focused on job & family. I forgot (or prioritized other things) to keep up with technology. Suddenly, I feel like an incompetent fool when it comes to computers, Wiki, blogging, and fun applications. Well, enough of that I say!! :) I'm on a quest to blog, blog, blog and to catch up on all that I haven't paid attention to over the years!

I'm 42 years old, have a wonderful husband, four extraordinary children, one godsend of a son-in-law, a psuedo son-in law (guy that's been dating my daughter for 3 years) and a temperamental cat. Life is good. My life has a lot of stress -- job stuff, building a new house, children that are coping with nasty illnesses, travelling husband -- but it's a good life!!! No matter what life throws my way, I tell myself that "it can always be worse". God is good. God is great. God has blessed me incredibly.

No comments: