Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My sturdy left breast..

Who knew?

I went for a mammogram last week. I don't believe it when women say it's a "little discomfort". It plain HURTS. If someone only feels "discomfort", then I feel sorry for her lack of breast stimulation!

Anyway, I digress. I went into the room for the films.
The right breast was done..
Top to bottom pancake - click.
Side to side pancake - click.

The left breast was put into the vice grip...
Top to bottom pancake - NO CLICK.
Let's try it again!
Wait for it.... NO CLICK.
And again...
NO CLICK.
And again...
NO CLICK.

By this time, the woman was distressed that I broke the darn machine. (I always knew my breasts were small, but never thought of them as MIGHTY!)

And may I say that I was not pleased also? When the machine senses it took an image, it automatically releases the vice tension on your breast. However, when it DOESN'T take an image, it stays locked TIGHT in place until the technician comes over to crank your breast free! Ouch!!!!

Anyway, we end up going into another room with a different machine to finish the left breast films. Finally!

And what happens today? Oh, the clinic calls and asks me to come in for MORE films of my left side! (This is very normal, so don't freak out.) But really, how many more pancake-like smashes can my little teeny breast take??

No comments: