Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The joy of new construction

Last weekend, I was bitten by the Spring / Summer bug. I spent hours cleaning our screen porch, hosing down the patio, and cleaning all of the outdoor furniture. I'm looking forward to quiet evenings on the porch, or sitting in the sunshine on the weekends.

Today, a builder began digging in the lot behind us. Crap. Our porch is already getting hit with lots of blowing dirt. And it will continue with dirt and construction dust and debris for the next 3-4 months. So much for backyard cookouts this year. Right now, I've got a great view from my patio of a big dirt pile. :(

If a family was happy about building their dream house behind me, I might be able to be less selfish in my thoughts. But the builder is putting up another spec home and doesn't have a buyer yet.
And to top it all off, the builder is constructing the house very deep on the lot and close to our backyard lot line. This will make it only more difficult for us to sell at a later time, and it will give me a great view of their house from our patio.

I'm very disappointed today. And crabby.

1 comment:

Heather said...

That sucks. Sorry.re