Monday, August 4, 2008

The McCain Low Road

I'm sick of John McCain and his juvenile tactics. I know that political campaigns get ugly and nasty, but I remember both Obama and McCain vowed to run honest, positive campaigns free of mud-slinging. So far my opinion is that McCain is rolling around in the pigsty. If I were Obama, I'd probably lower myself to those standards and fight back... but Obama must be a better person than I.

1. McCain's "Celebrity" commercial. The basic premise is that Obama is similar to Paris Hilton and Brittney Spears... saying he's "popular", but he can't lead. Bull. Malarky.

2. McCain's "The One" commercial running all over the Internet. If you haven't seen it, it should anger you when you do. It casts Obama as the Messiah and the coming of The Rapture. The video even has clips from "The Ten Commandments" comparing Obama to Moses. The message is clear -- mocking Obama as a Messiah, and not a realistic serious politician.

3. The latest McCain stunt is to hand out tire gauges labeled "Obama Energy Plan". McCain claims that Obama's total energy plan is to have people properly inflate their tires. Total Crap.

What really bothers me is that people hear false statements, and they believe it. The average American is not interested in politics, and they don't take the time to research the facts. People form opinions based upon soundbytes, and these soundbytes are completely and utterly false.

Lift yourself out of the gutter, McCain, and have a real discussion about the issues facing us. Energy. Economy. Jobs. Healthcare. Ending the war in Iraq. Getting Bin Laden. Restoring our world relationships. Education. Securing our nation.
We don't need to have our time wasted with sensationalist false attacks. I expected better of you.

No comments: