Sunday, July 20, 2008

Elvis LIVES!


Elvis lives, baby.
He LIVES.
And right here in Dane county, Wisconsin!
Woo Hoo!!

We went to see an Elvis "Tribute Artist" (AKA impersonator) at a free concert in Black Earth, Wisconsin. I was skeptical. I love Elvis Presley's work, and I've never heard any one come close to sounding like him. I HATE it when someone butchers the King's songs.

I was pleasantly surprised by Tony Rocker and the Comeback Special. He hit the low notes perfectly! His rendition of American Trilogy was superb. If you closed your eyes, it could have been The King himself singing that song. Stage show was a bit lame -- too much of the judo moves. But the fans were freakin' hilarious!! Lots of blue haired women with scarves around their necks screaming for Tony to come touch their hand and kiss them.

My mom has always been a huge Elvis fan. She agreed that this guy was good... but "he certainly doesn't have Elvis' butt!" (He is a tad scrawny. :) Check Tony Rocker out.... he's playing all over Wisconsin, including the State Fair, and his songs are available for downloading on iTunes. http://www.tonyrocker.com/

No comments: