Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Luxury of Dishes

I'm 43 years old (in a few more days..) and I've NEVER spent money on a set of dishes. That's right - NEVER. My first set of dishes were hand-me-downs from my mother-in-law. My second set of tableware were the kind you got free at the grocery store -- the "dish of the week" ceramic ones with strawberries on them. (Received every week for a year at Piggly Wiggly in Juneau WI.) My third set were used from a restaurant and donated to a group home that couldn't use them. And my fourth set were purchased by my second husband's ex-wife! (They came with him as part of the marriage. But he got my snowblower and lawnmower! :)

Was it frivolous for me to buy a new set of beautiful tableware? Probably. Do I love the way they look and take pleasure in my little luxury? Absolutely!!!!! :)

Meet "SengWare". They are beautiful, colorful, and sturdy. Dishwasher and microwave safe -- which is difficult to find in pretty plates. I bought the light blue ("Heaven"), dark blue ("Blueberry") , red ("Pimento"), and green ("Pistachio") ones. Bright contemporary colors that look great on my table or in my glass front cabinets!! PS: I bought the square plates, not round. :)

No comments: